Monday, March 30, 2009

The alphabet challenge

One of the things I enjoy most about cooking is figuring out the puzzle. I like nothing better than opening the refrigerator and seeing if I can concoct something really tasty using the random ingredients that happen to be there.

So when I posted the entry about the Eatphabet it got me to thinking that it would be fun to come up with a recipe that only used foods starting with the letters in my first name.

I made up some rules for myself: 1) I could include the first initial of my last name so I would have 5 ingredients to play with and 2) oil, salt and pepper wouldn't count.

I've already come up with 10 ideas and as soon as I try them out I'll publish them (assuming they work).

If anyone cares to join me in this challenge (using your own name, of course), please feel free to send me your results--pictures, too--and I'll post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment