Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dinosaur stuff

My son is 23 now, but when I see a dinosaur book/toy/object, I still get this parental urge to buy it for him. Or maybe it was always about me. I didn't have a dinosaur obsession when I was a kid, so I sort of lived that vicariously through my son. I was just as happy to know about the knobbed killing thingie (scientific term) on the end of an ankylosaurus tail as he was.

So here are the things that I've come across recently that make me wish I still had a 7-year-old deep in the throes of dinosaurophilia.

First up is this very fine pasta server (called a Pastasaurus), $7.50 from perpetual kid.










And what could be cooler (wink) than ice cubes in the shape of dinosaur bones? This set of two Fossilice molds makes Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops cubes. They're $14.95 at Amazon.







And finally, Dino Sticks, chopsticks for those not quite up to the real thing. They come in a set of 8 different dinosaurs, including the Parasaurolophus, Velociraptor and Pteranodon you see here. The set is $17.95 from Nexus Gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment