Thursday, May 14, 2009

Koziol napkin ring

This is a completely self-indulgent post. I saw this napkin ring from a German company called Koziol and I want it. Koziol's kitchen products are mostly mundane gadgets (bottle openers, pancake turners) designed as whimsical creatures, usually animals. I'm a sucker for that. I would buy this if I could figure out where it's sold (other than Germany).

Ever since I lived in France years ago, I've been a fan of the cloth napkin and napkin rings. My son was raised that way. We used our napkins for a week and then they were committed to the laundry. I've found that most other people of my acquaintance find the idea of using a napkin more than once disgusting. They would rather use paper napkins and then throw them away (!?!?!?). On behalf of the environment, I object.

Now, I'm just waiting for someone to tell me that the laundry detergent I use to wash the cloth napkins is as bad as throwing away paper (paper, by the way, that I had to pay $ for just for the privilege of throwing away). But since I just add the cloth napkins to my regular wash, it doesn't really compute.

Sorry, rant over. But this is why I love napkin rings, and I want this one. It comes in 6 colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment