Thursday, November 13, 2008

Edge-y brownies

I've run across two examples of peculiar brownie pans whose stated purpose is to create more crispy edges for brownies. I'm a middle-of-the-pan gal, myself, because I actually favor soft, fudge-y brownies.

However, clearly there are those who don't agree with me. For the edge-of-the-pan brownie folks, here are your choices.

The Slice Solutions Brownie Edge Pan (top) has a grid that you put in the 11 x 17-inch pan once you've poured in the batter. Once baked, you remove the grid and are left with 18 perfectly cut brownies (with crispy edges). It sells for $19.95 from cooking.com.

Another way to get more edge is with the Baker's Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan (bottom). This 9 x 13.5-inch heavy-gauge, cast-aluminum pan just increases the number of edges. It sells for $34.95 from amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment