Thursday, June 14, 2007

Teddy bear lunchbox

I love the Japanese sense of style and whimsy. What other country could have turned Hello Kitty into such an art form? Speaking of which, I'm always on the look-out for interesting Hello Kitty items (I own the toaster, but stopped short of buying the Hello Kitty waffle iron).

Anyway, in a recent Hello Kitty search I ran across a site that sells Japanese restaurant supplies and I found this kid's lunch box. It's not the kind of lunch box we favor in this country--that is to say a hinged box with a single compartment. It's the type of lunch box you find in many other parts of the world: a multi-tiered affair, each tier for a separate part of the lunch. This little teddy bear, when it's all unstacked, has a deep rice bowl (naturally, it's from Japan), a large dish, a small dish and a top. Even if your kid wouldn't carry this to school, it looks like a fun set of dishes to own. It costs $25 from Buy4AsianLife.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment